Facebook Cover Dimension
Just what are the dimensions of my Page's profile image and also cover image?
Your Page's profile picture:
- Displays at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on mobile phones and also 50 × 50 pixels on many attribute phones
- Must go to the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be chopped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover picture on mobile phones
Your Page's cover picture:
- Displays at 851 pixels large by 315 pixels high on your Page on computers and 640 pixels large by 360 pixels tall on smartphones
- Doesn't present on feature phones
- Need to go to least 399 pixels broad and also 150 pixels high
- Lots fastest as an sRGB JPG data that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes
-For account pictures and cover pictures with your logo or text, you may get a far better result by using a PNG file.
What concerning the resolution?
Along with this measurement modification we've opted for a high resolution referral since we are also considering the surge of greater res devices such as Retina Display-- you want your cover images to look all crisp and also clear there also don't you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you to some extent and covers off virtually any other tool presently on the market.
On resolution Facebook does not help when it says "Bear in mind that your cover image must go to the very least 400 pixels vast and 150 pixels high". This is simply a minimum size and in our experience we find it way too grainy as well as the recommendations gives no assistance on secure areas for message.
As long as it's not a crazy dimension you will not be punished for uploading a great big high res photo (this utilized to be the situation with Facebook Teams where compression was applied) however say goodbye to.
One word of warning, depending on the display you use to watch (i.e. non high res/retina display), you might locate the image a little blurry. We have actually experimented with JPG vs PNG as well as a selection of sizes from 640x360 all the way to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 commonly looks the sharpest on older displays however we 'd still suggest 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.