Dimensions Of Facebook Banner
What are the dimensions of my Page's profile picture and cover picture?
Your Page's account photo:
- Displays at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones and 50 × 50 pixels on many attribute phones
- Have to be at least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will certainly be cropped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left and also 176 pixels from the top of your cover picture on computers
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and 196 pixels from the top of your cover picture on smartphones
Your Page's cover picture:
- Displays at 851 pixels broad by 315 pixels high on your Page on computer systems as well as 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on smartphones
- Does not display on feature phones
- Have to be at the very least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels high
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes
-For account pictures and also cover images with your logo design or message, you might get a far better result using a PNG data.
What about the resolution?
As well as this dimension change we have actually chosen a high resolution recommendation because we are likewise taking into consideration the increase of greater res devices such as Retina Show-- you desire your cover images to look all crisp as well as clear there also do not you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you to some extent and covers off basically other tool currently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook doesn't aid when it claims "Bear in mind that your cover photo have to be at least 400 pixels broad and 150 pixels tall". This is simply a minimum size and in our experience we discover it way as well grainy and also the advice gives no support on risk-free areas for message.
As long as it's not a crazy dimension you won't be penalised for submitting a good large high res image (this made use of to be the instance with Facebook Groups where compression was used) however say goodbye to.
One word of caution, relying on the display you make use of to see (i.e. non high res/retina display screen), you might locate the image a little fuzzy. We've experimented with JPG vs PNG and a variety of dimensions from 640x360 right to 1640x923. Now 820x461 commonly looks the sharpest on older screens however we would certainly still advise 1920px x 1080px for best future proofing.