Dimensions For Facebook Cover
Exactly what are the dimensions of my Page's account photo and also cover photo?
Your Page's profile picture:
- Display screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on smart devices and 50 × 50 pixels on most feature phones
- Have to be at the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be chopped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left as well as 176 pixels from the top of your cover image on computers
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on mobile phones
Your Page's cover picture:
- Screens at 851 pixels broad by 315 pixels high on your Page on computers and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on smart devices
- Does not display on function phones
- Have to go to least 399 pixels broad as well as 150 pixels high
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes
-For account pictures and also cover pictures with your logo or message, you may obtain a better result by using a PNG documents.
Just what about the resolution?
As well as this dimension modification we've opted for a high resolution recommendation due to the fact that we are additionally taking into consideration the increase of greater res gadgets such as Retina Present-- you want your cover pictures to look all crisp and also clear there too do not you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you to some extent as well as covers off basically any other tool presently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook doesn't aid when it states "Keep in mind that your cover image have to go to the very least 400 pixels broad as well as 150 pixels tall". This is simply a minimal size and also in our experience we locate it way too rough as well as the advice gives no assistance on safe locations for text.
So long as it's not a crazy dimension you won't be penalised for submitting a great big high res image (this utilized to be the case with Facebook Groups where compression was used) however no more.
One word of caution, relying on the display you utilize to see (i.e. non high res/retina display), you may locate the image a little unclear. We've experimented with JPG vs PNG and a selection of sizes from 640x360 all the way to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 commonly looks the sharpest on older screens yet we 'd still recommend 1920px x 1080px for best future proofing.