Dimensions Of A Facebook Cover Photo
Just what are the dimensions of my Page's profile photo and also cover photo?
Your Page's account image:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on mobile phones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on a lot of function phones
- Must be at least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will certainly be cropped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left as well as 176 pixels from the top of your cover image on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom as well as 196 pixels from the top of your cover image on smart devices
Your Page's cover photo:
- Screens at 851 pixels large by 315 pixels high on your Page on computers and also 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on smartphones
- Doesn't display on attribute phones
- Should be at least 399 pixels large and 150 pixels high
- Tons fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and also less than 100 kilobytes
-For account images as well as cover photos with your logo design or text, you might get a far better outcome using a PNG documents.
Just what concerning the resolution?
Along with this measurement adjustment we have actually gone for a high resolution recommendation because we are also considering the increase of higher res devices such as Retina Display-- you want your cover photos to look all crisp and also clear there as well don't you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you somewhat and covers off basically any other device presently on the market.
On resolution Facebook doesn't assist when it says "Keep in mind that your cover image have to go to least 400 pixels large as well as 150 pixels high". This is merely a minimal dimension and in our experience we find it way as well rough and also the guidance provides no support on risk-free locations for message.
As long as it's not a crazy dimension you won't be penalised for publishing a good large high res photo (this used to be the instance with Facebook Groups where compression was used) yet no more.
One word of warning, depending upon the screen you use to watch (i.e. non high res/retina screen), you could discover the picture a little unclear. We have actually experimented with JPG vs PNG and also a range of sizes from 640x360 all the way to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 often looks the sharpest on older displays yet we would certainly still suggest 1920px x 1080px for ideal future proofing.