When you shut off chat for Facebook friends, it doesn't mean that no one can message you. Rather, you'll simply not alerted of the messages. Anything you get while chat is off will turn up in your inbox when you re-enable chat.
Turning Off Chat On Facebook
There are two different means you can disable Facebook chat. You can do so worldwide so that you can't talk with anyone or you can shut off chat for certain friends only to ensure that it still deals with various other friends.
Disable Every One Of Facebook chat
- Gain access to your Facebook account.
- On the chat menu on the side of the display, click the tiny Options switch alongside the Browse text box.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- In the home window that reveals, see to it the alternative for Switch off chat for all contacts is selected.
- Click the Okay button.
With Facebook chat totally impaired, the entire chat area will certainly continue to be white as well as no conversations are clickable. Click the web link called Turn on chat to re-enable it.
Shut Off Facebook chat for Certain Friends Only
- From your Facebook profile, click the tiny Options switch at the bottom of the chat section on the appropriate side of the web page.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- There are one of two alternatives you could choose right here:
* Choose Turn off chat for all contacts except ... if you intend to conceal from Facebook chat for a lot of your contacts however you desire a select couple of to still be able to message.
* Decide to Turn off chat for only some contacts ... if there are simply a couple of Facebook friends that you wish to disable chat for.
- Beginning getting in the names of the friends you intend to block from chat, and then select them as they're suggested to you.
When you're completed selecting which friends must be obstructed, click Okay.
Facebook for Android: How You Can Turn Facebook chat On or Off
You can turn Facebook chat on or off from the common Facebook app utilizing these actions:
- Open the "Facebook" application.
- Tap the Menu icon situated at the upper-right edge of the screen to increase your alternatives.
- Faucet "Messenger" in the "Apps" section.
- Touch the Equipment symbol situated at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Examine the "On" box to turn Facebook chat on. Uncheck the box to turn it off.
If you have Facebook Messenger set up on your Android device, make use of these steps:
-Open the "Messenger" application.
-Touch the "Menu" Menu Switch icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
-Tap the "Active" choice at the top of the display.
-Toggle your name to "On" or "Off" as preferred.